Making Your Donations Go 28% Further
As a supporter of Act 4, you will know how hard we work to ensure that every penny we raise goes as far as it can for our cause. Through Gift Aid and Transitional Relief, you can help us make your donations go 28% further and it won’t cost you a penny!
How does it work?
So long as you are a UK taxpayer, Gift Aid enables you to boost the value of your donations by 28p for every £1 you give (25p in Gift Aid and a further 3p in Transitional Relief) to your favourite charity. So, for example, if you decide to give £10 to Act 4, we will be able to reclaim an extra £2.80 from HM Revenue & Customs. It might not sound like a lot, but every penny really does count! What is more, if you are a higher rate taxpayer, you are entitled to claim tax relief on your donations, enabling you to reclaim as much as 25p from every £1 donated to charity.
What do you need to do?
To donate through Gift Aid, all you need to do is tick the Gift Aid box on the adjacent form to confirm that you are a taxpayer and that you are happy for us to claim tax relief on your donation. Just one declaration can apply to all donations that you have made to us over the past 6 years and to any forthcoming gifts you make, until you notify them otherwise. It is that simple.
- You can cancel this Declaration at any time by contacting Act 4.
- If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment tax return.
- You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax equal to the tax that Act 4 reclaims on your donations for them to qualify for Gift Aid and Transitional relief.
- If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, please remember to contact us so that you can cancel your declaration.
- Please also contact us if:
» you change your name or address;
» you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief.