The United Voice Disipleship Programme is a programme developed by Act 4 for the URC Thames North Synod.
Children and Adults together shaping discipleship for today and tomorrow
Aim: A Joint Vision for Discipleship
The aim of this project is to create a joint vision for discipleship as children and adults come together to maximise the opportunities that church communities provide.
The approach encourages a church community to consider 5 areas of attention:
1. Revitalise Your Thinking - Positioning Children as Partners
2. Being Spatially Aware - Shaping a Shared Community
3. Speak the right language - A Common Language
4. Create Opportunities - Making the Most of each Chance
5. Lead the Change - A Joint Vision for Discipleship
We have been working with the URC Thames North Synod for a number of years. We are delighted that in the summer of 2017 we were awarded a grant to support the development of this project of the next 4 years. We are currently in a pilot stage, working with a small number of churches as we test out the approach. As the process develops we will share the progress.
We believe that this approach has the potential to benefit many churches that are interested in working with children, to develop a shared approach to discipleship within their church and wider communities.